New York, NY Sexual Abuse and Medical Malpractice Lawyers
New York City has no shortage of lawyers — so how do you know which one to trust with your case? For decades, Janet, Janet & Suggs has successfully represented injured individuals and their families with compassionate legal assistance in their time of need. As a nationally recognized personal injury law firm, we’ve recovered record-breaking verdicts and settlements that changed our clients’ lives.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
All submissions are 100% confidential.
We are experienced in handling even the most complex and sensitive cases for sexual abuse and medical malpractice victims in the New York City area, including:
The suffering of a child during birth creates emotional and physical hardships that can last a lifetime for the entire family. At JJS, our birth injury attorneys have dedicated their careers to seeking justice and compensation for families affected by preventable medical negligence. Our team has recovered hundreds of millions on behalf of families who have been harmed during the birthing process. We’re here to help you in your fight to obtain the financial compensation that will improve the quality of life for your child and your family.
A mismanaged pregnancy or labor can rob your child of their health and wellbeing. At JJS, we pride ourselves on representing families suffering from a child’s CP diagnosis. Our team includes a dedicated OB-GYN who can capture evidence to prove that your child’s condition was caused by medical negligence. Let us help you decide how best to move forward with your case.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of sexual abuse, assault or misconduct, you have recourse. As devoted advocates for survivors of sexual abuse, JJS is here to advocate on your behalf. Our team was instrumental in recovering damages in the high-profile case of former Penn State University football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky. We will bring the same tenacity and energy to your case.
Our nationally recognized trial lawyers have helped thousands of survivors of sexual assault — including those affected by the misconduct of the Catholic Church clergy and those who protected them. We strive to bring justice to families affected by institutional abuse so that they can focus on healing.
If you’ve been injured as the result of negligent medical care, you’re not alone. As the founding and managing partner of JJS, Howard Janet has led his firm to national recognition, recovering millions for victims across the United States. With decades of combined medical and legal expertise, the New York, NY medical malpractice lawyers at JJS will work tirelessly to seek the compensation you deserve.
Historically, active service members and their families have not been able to bring legal action against military doctors for malpractice cases. However, the SFC Richard Stayskal Military Medical Accountability Act has now made it possible for active duty members and their families to file a claim against negligent military healthcare providers. JJS stands with both veterans and active service members as they pursue justice against these medical professionals. Trust us to help you with the fight.
Notable Victories for NYC-Area Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Victims
JJS’s New York office has helped hundreds of New Yorkers in their pursuit of justice against abusers and negligent practitioners. We take pride in our sterling case record, which includes some of the following victories for New York victims and survivors.
- New York Child Victim’s Act Cases. JJS has helped multiple survivors obtain justice against abusers through New York’s recently enacted Child Victim’s Act. This law allows survivors of any age to pursue action against abusers for a one-year window, regardless of how long ago the abuse took place. Our team can help you understand if this law applies to your case and create a strong legal strategy to seek damages in a civil suit.
- Birth Injury Case. JJS secured a major settlement for an infant who suffered a catastrophic injury due to product liability.
Resources for New York Victims and Survivors
If you are struggling to cope with the aftermath of sexual abuse or medical malpractice, there are organizations you can turn to for support. Along with the counsel of a compassionate sexual abuse or medical malpractice lawyer, these resources may be helpful as you navigate the details of your case and begin the healing process.
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services. The OCFS offers resources for parents who suspect their child was the victim of sexual abuse, including a hotline for reporting the incident.
- NYPD Resources & Services. The NYPD’s resource library offers help for crime victims, including counseling and crime reporting services and programs for sexual abuse survivors in the NYC area.
- New York State Department of Health. The FAQ section of the NY Department of Health’s website provides answers on investigating and reporting medical malpractice in the state.
Our Team Is Standing By. Schedule Your Free Consultation Now.
The legal team at Janet, Janet & Suggs is known for taking on the tough cases for personal injury victims in New York. Our nationally recognized firm has a track record of taking on some of the nation’s largest and most prestigious organizations — and winning. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case. We’ll help you decide the next best steps as you work toward your recovery.
19 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (646) 537-1313