OBGYN Malpractice Lawyers
There is always a risk that a mother or her baby will suffer an injury during pregnancy or the birthing process. Sometimes this cannot be avoided, while other times injuries are caused by reckless or intentional actions of the obstetrician.
If you think injuries sustained by you or your baby were caused by an obstetrician’s negligence, contact our OBGYN malpractice lawyers for a free, no obligation legal consultation. We represent clients from all over the country and have recovered dozens of multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts for OBGYN malpractice. You will not be charged for our services unless we are successful.
Call our OBGYN malpractice lawyers today at 1-877-692-3862.
Examples of OBGYN Malpractice
Many OBGYN malpractice claims involve obstetricians who failed to adequately monitor the mother or the fetus and respond appropriately to problems. Common examples of OBGYN malpractice include:
- Failing to perform a cesarean section when necessary
- Failing to notice a detached placenta
- Failing to notice the umbilical cord wrapped around the baby’s neck
- Failing to discover life-threatening prenatal conditions, such as ectopic or tubal pregnancies
These types of OBGYN malpractice can cause a variety of severe, life-altering injuries to the fetus, including:
- Erb’s Palsy
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Paralysis of the face
- Damage to soft tissues
- Brain damage
OBGYN malpractice can also cause injuries to the mother, such as Group B streptococcal infection or the uterine infection chorioamnionitis.
If these injuries were caused by OBGYN malpractice, you may be able to file a claim for medical malpractice. Our OBGYN malpractice lawyers can review your claim for free and tell you what your legal options are.
Fill out our Free Case Evaluation form today.
Failure to Diagnose Injuries
Obstetricians can also be held liable for OBGYN malpractice when they fail to diagnose disabilities or defects during pregnancy, such as:
- Cerebral Palsy – Children with this disability often have a variety of physical and cognitive problems. They may struggle to walk, eat, talk or master fine motor skills.
- Congenital heart defects – This includes septal defects and hyperplastic left heart syndrome.
- Down Syndrome – This is one of the most common types of birth defects in the U.S. It can cause severe cognitive disabilities and developmental delays.
- Gastroschisis – This occurs when an infant’s intestines and possibly other organs protrude from a hole in the abdomen.
In severe circumstances, infants who sustain these injuries die after birth. If these injuries are not fatal, infants will most likely need ongoing medical treatment, which could include regular doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, medical equipment and a variety of other treatments.
The cost of all of these treatments can quickly add up, costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your child’s life.
That is why you need to discuss your situation with a skilled OBGYN malpractice lawyer to find out if you can pursue compensation for your child’s medical expenses and other damages caused by their injuries or disabilities.
Our attorneys have years of experience building strong medical malpractice cases. Giles H. Manley, one of the partners at our firm, is a board-certified OB/GYN with more than 20 years of experience. He is extremely knowledgeable in all areas of obstetrics and has served as an expert witness in many trials and depositions.
Call our OBGYN malpractice lawyers at 1-877-692-3862.
Types of Compensation for OBGYN Negligence
Compensation in an OBGYN malpractice lawsuit can help ease the physical, financial and emotional burdens associated with your baby’s injuries, including:
- Medical bills – This form of compensation covers present and future medical bills for treatments to correct your child’s disability or injuries. This form of compensation also covers medical bills for the mother if she suffered a severe injury caused by OBGYN negligence.
- Lost wages – This covers lost wages if the mother suffered an injury so severe she had to miss work.
- Pain and suffering – This is for severe emotional damage suffered by victims and their families.
- Punitive damages – This only applies to cases of extreme negligence. Damages are intended to punish the defendant and help deter others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
Our OBGYN malpractice lawyers will aggressively negotiate for all of the compensation you deserve. If we are unsuccessful, we have the resources and skill to take your claim to trial to secure the compensation and justice you deserve.
Our firm has recovered many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in OBGYN malpractice and birth injury claims. This includes a $33.5 verdict in a case involving a baby who developed cerebral palsy because a cesarean section was not performed when needed.
Our attorneys also obtained a $24 million verdict in a case where a baby developed cerebral palsy because medical professionals failed to respond to an airway obstruction. This was one of the largest jury verdicts ever in the District of Columbia.
Complete our Free Case Evaluation form today.
Contact Our OBGYN Malpractice Lawyers Today
It is always tragic when a child is born with a severe injury or disability, particularly when the injury was a result of OBGYN malpractice and could have been prevented.
If your baby suffered an injury that you believe was caused by malpractice, you need to contact our OBGYN malpractice lawyers to discuss your claim. You may be able to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation to cover damages caused by your baby’s injuries.
We can thoroughly investigate your claim to build a strong case that gives you an opportunity to obtain the compensation you deserve.