Cosmetic Surgery Malpractice Lawyers
If you suffered permanent scarring, disfigurement or other injuries during cosmetic surgery, you need to know your legal rights. There is a chance your injuries were caused by negligence, which means you may be able to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation.
Our cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyers have the resources and experience to build a strong case to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. It costs nothing to review your claim in a free consultation, and you will not be charged unless we are able to recover fair compensation.
Types and Causes of Cosmetic Surgery Injuries
Cosmetic surgery is always risky, no matter how minor the procedure. If medical professionals are not careful, they can cause severe, potentially life-changing injuries, including:
- Permanent scarring
- Nerve damage and paralysis
- Life-threatening infections
- Sinking at the surgical site
- Facial disfigurement
- Excessive bleeding
- Discolored skin
- Dead skin
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia
These injuries are often caused by medical malpractice, which could include:
- Performing surgery on the wrong body part
- Failing to take the patient's full medical history
- Performing surgery not authorized by the patient
- Operating in an unclean, non-sanitary environment
- Damaging tissues, ligaments, nerves or muscles
- Using a nurse anesthetist instead of an anesthesiologist
- Performing a procedure in a place unequipped to deal with complications
- Performing surgery without a medical license
If you suffered an injury during cosmetic surgery and think it was caused by these or other types of medical malpractice, contact our cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyers for a free consultation. Our attorneys know how to build a compelling case that can help you recover fair compensation.
Building a Cosmetic Surgery Malpractice Case
Your cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyer has to establish four things to bring a cosmetic surgery malpractice case:
- Your cosmetic surgeon had a duty of care to act within the medical community's accepted standards of care.
- Your surgeon breached that duty of care by failing to act or acting recklessly.
- You suffered an injury or illness that was caused primarily by the breach of duty of care.
- Your injury resulted in severe damages.
Our cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyers know how to gather and analyze evidence to prove each of these four points. We can also consult medical experts to determine how malpractice caused your injuries.
Types of Compensation
Cosmetic surgery malpractice can cause life-changing injuries that require expensive, ongoing treatment. These injuries could diminish your quality of life, cause you to miss work or make it impossible to do the job you used to do.
That is why the law allows victims of medical malpractice to pursue a legal claim to obtain fair compensation for the variety of damages they have suffered, which may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Psychological trauma
- Physical pain
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost earning capacity
- Cost of home health care services
If you lost a loved one to cosmetic surgery negligence, our cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyers may be able to obtain wrongful death compensation, which could include:
- Lost medical benefits
- Loss of a pension
- Loss of an inheritance
- Lost wages
- Funeral costs
Our attorneys may also be able to obtain punitive damages if the malpractice you suffered was particularly egregious or malicious. This form of compensation is intended to punish the liable party and deter others from engaging in similar conduct.
If we are unable to negotiate a fair settlement, we are prepared to take your case to trial to pursue the justice you deserve.
Find out if our cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyers can help you. Call 1-877-692-3862.
Consult Our Cosmetic Surgery Malpractice Lawyers Today
In some cases, cosmetic surgery is just as dangerous as medically-necessary surgery. That is why cosmetic surgeons are held to the same standard as other medical professionals. When they do not perform within those standards, they should be held liable.
Our cosmetic surgery malpractice lawyers are firmly committed to holding medical professionals responsible when their reckless or intentional actions cause patients to suffer severe injuries.
We will fight tirelessly for all of the compensation you deserve, and you will not be charged unless we obtain a favorable resolution of your case.
Complete our Free Case Evaluation form to set up your free consultation.