Minneapolis, MN Sexual Abuse and Medical Malpractice Lawyers
f you’ve been the victim of an injury or have suffered from the negligence of another, you need a dedicated partner who cares about your recovery. Janet, Janet & Suggs will fight to win the justice and compensation you deserve.
As a medical malpractice and sexual abuse legal firm with decades of experience, JJS advocates for your legal rights so that you can focus on healing. We understand the physical, financial and emotional impact that you’re experiencing — and we’re here to help you navigate every step of the legal process.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Find out today if you are eligible for compensation!
All submissions are 100% confidential.
JJS handles cases that require aggressive yet compassionate representation for personal injury victims in the Minneapolis area, including:
There are few things more heartbreaking than an injury that occurs during childbirth. When you’re already dealing with the emotional difficulty, handling the legal process is an additional burden that you shouldn’t have to worry about. That’s why we’re here to manage it for you. Backed by decades of combined medical and legal experience, our devoted team has won hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of families who have been harmed during the birthing process.
Every child deserves a chance to live their life to the fullest. While nothing can undo the damage caused by mismanaged pregnancy or delivery, we will do everything in our power to get you the compensation you need to care for your child in the future.
Depending on the nature of the case, Minnesota sex crimes have a statute of limitations of between three and nine years. But coming forward with a sexual abuse case can be extremely difficult for victims, and often takes decades. As staunch advocates for survivors of sexual abuse, our legal team serves as a trusted confidant during this difficult time while also navigating the legal process on behalf of you or your loved one.
When the bond of trust between your family and your religious organization is broken by abuse, it can leave you confused and angry, wondering how to move forward. Our Sexual Abuse Division is headed by renowned attorney Richard M. Serbin, whose wide breadth of experience with clergy abuse allows him to handle cases with extreme sensitivity and deft legal strategy.
Some states have a cap on economic or non-economic medical malpractice damages, including compensation for things like pain and suffering. Minnesota, however, does not. This means that the JJS team is able to seek compensation for all financial losses that were caused by the negligence of a medical professional.
Service members who have been harmed by negligent military doctors deserve the chance to fight for justice just like any civilian. New legislation makes this possible in many cases — and our lawyers are here to help you pursue the compensation you and your family need to recover.
Notable Victories for Minneapolis-Area Medical Malpractice and Sexual Abuse Victims
Managing partner Howard Janet broke the record, twice, for the largest birth injury award handed down by a jury in Minnesota. We will apply the same energy and determination to your case as we did for clients in these successful cases.
- Record-Breaking Birth Injury Jury Verdict. Our team took another cerebral palsy case all the way to court, eventually recovering $9.3 million in damages for the family and their child — breaking the record for the highest birth injury jury award in Minnesota.
- Record-Breaking Cerebral Palsy Case. JJS delivered historic results for a family harmed by mismanagement of labor and delivery, helping them recover over $15 million in much-needed compensation for medical expenses and future care — and protecting families in Minnesota from future harms resulting from this provider’s negligent medical practices.
Resources for Minnesota Victims and Survivors
Our team seeks not only to offer victims legal guidance but also to connect them with vital sources of support as they attempt to move past this trying time. Here are a few organizations that may be able to help.
- The Sexual Violence Center. The Sexual Violence Center provides resources for survivors of all ages, including counseling services, medical advocacy and support groups.
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. The board offers malpractice FAQs and a tool for filing complaints against practitioners and medical providers.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Minnesota. United CP provides educational tools, support and advocacy for families with children with cerebral palsy.
Get in Touch Today for a Free Case Evaluation
The legal team at Janet, Janet & Suggs have dedicated their careers to fighting for the rights of personal injury victims and survivors of sexual abuse. Our nationally recognized firm has a track record of taking on some of the nation’s largest and most prestigious organizations — and winning impressive verdicts and settlements. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case.
100 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402