Personal Injury Lawyers in Boston
A serious accident can have life-changing consequences that can be physically, emotionally, and financially straining. If another’s negligent, reckless, or careless actions caused your injuries, you may be able to get the compensation that can help you get back on your feet by filing a personal injury case.
Backed by decades of collective experience, millions recovered in successful cases and a dedicated team of Boston personal injury lawyers, we understand your needs after an accident and how to help make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today to find out how we can help secure your future. Our office is located just two blocks from the Boston Public Garden, however, we serve clients throughout the greater Boston area and the state of Massachusetts and will come to you to review the details of your claim. We work only on a contingency fee basis and do not get paid unless you do.
Call 1-877-692-3862 to get started now.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
As a nationally respected personal injury law firm with an accomplished team of attorneys, we have the resources to take on a variety of cases, including complex cases involving serious or catastrophic injury. Some of the most common types of cases we handle in Boston include:
- Auto accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective products
- Defective medical devices
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Truck accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
We also provide legal representation to those applying for veterans’ disability benefits.
If you or someone you love has been injured because of another’s negligent actions, our Boston personal injury lawyers can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
We will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident in order to identify all parties that may be liable for your injuries or the death of a loved one. We will then work tirelessly as we build a strong case on your behalf.
Do I Have a Case?
In order to file a personal injury lawsuit in Massachusetts, you must be able to demonstrate that your injuries are the result of another’s negligent or careless actions. To do this, our Boston personal injury lawyers will have to gather evidence to show that the four elements of negligence are present in your case:
- The at-fault party owed the injury victim a duty of reasonable care. In general, this means the person had a legal duty to act as a reasonable and prudent person would. In car accident cases, all drivers have a responsibility to follow the laws of the road. In medical malpractice cases, the medical professional had an obligation to act as others with similar training would under similar circumstances.
- The at-fault party failed to uphold their duty of care. In a car accident case, this could mean that the at-fault driver was disobeying traffic laws by speeding, running a red light or driving under the influence. In a medical malpractice case, a doctor could breach his or her duty by failing to diagnose a fatal disease.
- The at-fault party’s actions were a direct cause of your injuries. We must be able to provide evidence showing that your injuries were directly caused by the at-fault party’s actions and that they were not preexisting or caused by something other than the at-fault party.
- The injury victim suffered damages as a result of the at-fault party’s actions. In order to have a case, you must have suffered damages as a result of your injuries. This can include medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Massachusetts Comparative Fault
In some cases, it may be possible that the injured party was also partially at fault for the accident. In these cases, M.G.L.A. 231 § 85, also known as the comparative negligence rule, requires that the person bringing the claim must not be more than 51 percent responsible for causing the accident that led to his or her injuries.
The law requires that your compensation award is reduced by your percentage of fault for causing the accident. This means that if you are found to be 10 percent liable for your injuries and you are asking for $10,000, you will only be able to recover $9,000.
Insurance companies and the lawyers for the at-fault party will attempt to place as much blame as possible on the victim in order to pay out as little as possible, or nothing at all. Our Boston personal injury lawyers are committed to defending the rights of our clients and will do everything we can to ensure you are not blamed for more than your fair share of fault.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Case?
Massachusetts’s statutes of limitations, as outlined in Chapter 260 of Massachusetts General Laws, places strict deadlines on the amount of time injury victims have to file injury claims:
- Personal injury: three years
- Medical malpractice: three years
- Product liability: three years
- Wrongful death: three years
- Workers’ compensation: four years
There may also be additional requirements for notifying the at-fault party that you intend to file a claim. This is often true for cases against the government and can require notice to be given as soon as just a few months after an accident.
For these reasons, it is vital that you contact our Boston personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after suffering an injury caused by another’s actions. Our team must have enough time to investigate your claim, build your case, attempt to negotiate a settlement and file a lawsuit within the restricted amount of time. If you wait too long, you will lose your ability to file a claim and recover compensation.
Dedicated to Fighting for Fair Compensation
At Janet, Janet & Suggs, our Boston personal injury lawyers are more than just your legal representatives, we are your advocates who understand your current and future needs. For more than 30 years, we have been committed to fighting for the rights of the injured in Boston and throughout Massachusetts.
Our decades of experience working with insurance companies means we understand the way they work and how to negotiate fair compensation on behalf of our clients. We will not settle for anything less than what our clients deserve, which may include compensation for:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Hospital stays and other medical treatment
- Physical pain and mental suffering
- Lost earning capacity
Those who have lost a loved one may also be entitled to additional forms of compensation associated with a loved one’s death, such as funeral expenses and lost companionship for a surviving spouse.
In rare cases, a court may also award punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party and discourage similar behavior from happening again.
No matter the circumstances surrounding your accident, our Boston personal injury lawyers will utilize our vast resources and national reach to investigate your case and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call 1-877-692-3862 to find out if you are entitled to compensation.
The Resources of a National Firm
After an accident, you need an experienced team of Boston personal injury lawyers on your side. With offices located throughout the east coast, the accident attorneys at Janet, Janet & Suggs have the skills and resources of a national law firm. This means we know what it takes to thoroughly investigate your accident in order to build a strong case on your behalf. In order to do this, we will:
- Obtain your medical records from all of your doctors and medical providers, which may include Massachusetts General Hospital, other local hospitals and emergency rooms, your primary care physician, and other healthcare providers such rehabilitation centers and therapists.
- Obtain a crash report from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), if you have not already done so. If no police report was filed for your accident, you should notify the RMV of your accident.
- Analyze all of the evidence from the scene of the accident, including photos and available video, weather reports, and witness statements. We will recreate the accident scene if necessary.
- Utilize medical experts to determine the severity of your injuries and the effects they will have on your future in order to determine the maximum compensation you will need.
- Handle all communication with the insurance company on your behalf.
We have handled countless accident cases on behalf of injury victims throughout the country and have vast resources and access to industry experts to help us build your case. To learn more about how we can help you, do not hesitate to contact the Boston personal injury lawyers at Janet, Janet & Suggs today.
When hiring an injury attorney, experience and results count. Our team has recovered hundreds of millions in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients ranging from a $300,000 recovery in a car accident case to a $33.5 million verdict in a medical malpractice case. At Janet, Janet & Suggs, no case is too big or too small for our experienced team.
Our Personal Injury Division is led by principal Kenneth Suggs, who has been routinely recognized among the top attorneys in the country. For more than 25 years, he has been listed among Best Lawyers in America®, along with all of our principals and several of our partners. He is a former president of the American Association for Justice and serves on the American Board of Trial Advocates.
With more than 200 years of combined legal experience, our accident lawyers have the knowledge and skill to get the results our clients need. We are seasoned negotiators who are not willing to settle for anything less than what our clients deserve. We are experienced litigators who have tried numerous cases in order to help our clients get the compensation they need for a secure future.
Contact our Boston personal injury lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your claim. We will advise you of your legal options and put together a strategy that is best for your interests.
You Pay Nothing Unless You Win
Through our commitment to defending the rights of the injured, we charge no upfront costs or legal fees for our services. This contingency fee means you only pay if you recover a favorable verdict or settlement.
We also offer a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your accident and injuries and determine if you have a case. If you do, we cover all of the expenses required to bring your case until we can reach a successful verdict or settlement on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.
Contact Our Boston Personal Injury Lawyers Today
In Massachusetts, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim. If you wait too long, you will lose your opportunity to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Do not hesitate to contact our Boston personal injury lawyers today if you have suffered an injury because of another’s actions. You can trust that your case will receive the personal attention it deserves as we work to get you justice.
Your initial consultation is free and we charge no fees unless we recover a favorable verdict or settlement on your behalf.