Boston Bus Accident Lawyer
Buses serve as a popular and reliable form of transportation for millions of people every day. However, mistakes can occur that cause great harm to passengers and those who are in the vehicle’s path.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a bus accident, the dedicated Boston bus accident lawyers at Janet, Janet & Suggs can help you pursue compensation. Our attorneys are well known for handling car accidents in the Boston area, experienced in transportation law, and understand the complications that follow one of these incidents. We will provide you with a free consultation to review your claim and work on a contingency fee basis, which means we charge no fees unless you receive a fair outcome.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can happen for a number of reasons, including:
- Driver error
- Driver fatigue
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Impaired driving
- Mechanical error
- Inadequate maintenance
- Dangerous weather or road conditions
While the cause of a bus accident may be small, it can result in horrific crashes that affect dozens of people. If you or someone you love was involved in a bus accident, our Boston bus accident lawyers will devote our full resources toward investigating the cause of the crash and identifying the responsible party.
Fill out a Free Case Evaluation form to begin.
Common Injuries from Bus Accidents
Any accident that includes a large vehicle has a high potential to inflict terrible injuries on the victims involved. Because buses are both large and transport a large number of people, there is an increased likelihood of fatal injuries resulting from an accident. Some severe injuries victims of bus accidents experience are:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Severed limbs
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
If you were injured in a bus accident, seek immediate medical attention, if you have not already. Then speak with an attorney. Our Boston bus accident lawyers understand the trauma that you may be experiencing and are aware of the life changing impact this might have caused. We can help you receive maximum compensation to pay for any upcoming medical bills or lost wages.
Call 1-877-692-3862 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.
Bus Accident Liability
Liability for bus accidents may seem straightforward, but many factors are often involved in this type of accident, making it difficult to determine the responsible party. Multiple agencies or businesses are usually involved that have separate claims for the responsibility of the passengers on board.
Determining the responsible party for those injured in a bus accident depends on the purpose the vehicle was serving and the agency that owned the bus at the time. This may include:
- School bus: The liability in a school bus accident depends on whether the bus was owned by the school district or a private company. If a school district owns its own busses, the district is held liable for any injuries or death that might occur during an accident.
- Charter or tour bus: Tour companies often hire bus companies to transport guests or clients to destinations. The tour company has a responsibility to hire a bus company with a clean record. If the tour company is negligent in its choice of bus company, it may share liability. The company that owns the bus also may be liable if it neglects to maintain the vehicle or employs an unqualified driver. Both, however, can be equally liable in the event of an injury-causing accident.
- City Bus: Liability in public transportation accidents often depends on whether the victim can prove negligence. Massachusetts has a “common carrier law,” which holds companies that lease vehicles used for public transportation to high standards of quality and passenger care. If these necessities are not met, the company is more likely to be held liable.
Our Boston bus accident lawyers have a strong understanding of public transportation laws that require years of experience and is crucial for determining the party liable for your accident. Do not hesitate to contact us to file a claim and discover if you are entitled to compensation.
Call us 1-877-692-3862 to begin a free review of your claim.
Contact our Boston Bus Accident Attorneys
Massachusetts has a three-year limitation on filing a personal injury claim, so it is important to act fast after the accident that caused harm to you or a loved one. By retaining legal representation, you are increasing your chances for receiving maximum compensation. Our Boston bus accident lawyers will provide you with valuable experience and dedication crucial to recovering from one of these accidents.