Lawsuit Over Dr. Levy’s Unlawful Recordings Goes Forward
Posted on behalf of Janet, Jenner & Suggs on Nov 02, 2013 in Legal
In November, 2013, Howard Janet, Managing Partner of national law firm Janet, Jenner and Suggs, LLC speaks at a press conference on a class action lawsuit that has been certified in the case of Dr. Nikita Levy, the gynecologist who was suspected of secretly capturing images of patients. Police said the doctor has since committed suicide. Jonathan Schochor (far right), Senior Managing Partner of Schochor, Federico, and Staton, P.A. looks on.
WBALTV WASHINGTON —Thousands of women who visited a Baltimore gynecologist who secretly photographed and videotaped patients will be allowed to join together for settlement talks in a class-action lawsuit against Johns Hopkins Hospital, which employed the gynecologist.
Lawyers for both the patients who filed the class-action lawsuit against Johns Hopkins and the hospital itself asked a judge earlier this week to sign papers that will let the parties move forward with settlement negotiations. The judge signed the papers Wednesday, and a lawyer for the patients said Friday he would expect settlement negotiations to begin before the end of the year.
Jonathan Schochor, one of the lawyers leading negotiations for the patients, along with Howard Janet, said the fact that Johns Hopkins lawyers joined in asking the judge to let settlement negotiations move forward signals a willingness to “end this disaster for everyone.”
“Our job is to ensure that our clients are treated fairly, are fully compensated for the harm that they’ve sustained,” Janet said.